All You Need To Know About Spectra Laser Peel
If you’ve been looking up ways to improve the dark spots and signs of aging on your face, chances are you’ve come across the Spectra Laser Peel.
It’s a favorite among Hollywood celebrities and is their go-to, quick, and no-downtime skin rejuvenation treatment. Not surprisingly, it’s popularly known as the Hollywood Laser Peel.
Want to achieve the same celebrity glow as Angelina Jolie or Kim Kardashian? Read on to find out what the Spectra Laser Peel is and what it can do for you.
What is the Spectra Laser Peel and How Does It Work?
Officially known as the Spectra Carbon Laser Peel, this skin rejuvenation treatment is a gentle procedure using a laser to address signs of aging and damaged skin.
The Spectra Laser Peel is FDA approved and is safe for almost all skin types. Unlike other harsher laser treatments, the Spectra Laser Peel is quick and does not involve any downtime.
Laser energy is applied to the skin which has a thin layer of Carbon Spectra lotion. The laser energy acts on and removes the carbon particles within the lotion. At the same time, this heats up the dermis of the skin and gently ablates the top layer of dead skin.
The laser energy works in 2 ways:
- Melanin. As the laser is applied, it targets the melanin, the pigment that gives human skin, hair and eyes their color, in the cell. It breaks up the melanin and this is eliminated through the body’s natural removal process.
- Dermis. The laser also acts on the dermis by heating it up. This causes the skin to contract. This action stimulates the production of collagen, the protein that provides structure to the skin.
The Spectra Laser Peel is a gentle procedure that requires multiple passes over the treatment area to obtain the results desired.
What Can Spectra Laser Peel Do for You?
The Spectra Laser Peel is an amazing treatment that can address a wide variety of issues, including:
- Oily skin
- Enlarged pores
- Acne and acne scars
- Fine wrinkles
- PIH or Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Pigmented lesions
- Unwanted tattoos (only if colors are black, blue, brown, red, tan, purple or orange)
The Advantages of Getting a Spectra Laser Peel
Spectra Laser Peel is a quick, gentle, yet effective way of achieving glowing skin without the accompanying inconveniences that come with other skin treatments. It has become a favorite of many Hollywood celebrities because they offer these many benefits:
- It gives you youthful-looking skin by reducing the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines, large pores and acne scars
- It improves your overall skin tone
- The procedure is gentle and can be performed countless times without adverse side effects
- It’s quick and convenient
- It’s comfortable
- You avoid prolonged downtime associated with other treatments including AHA/TCA Chemical peels or CO2 lasers
- It can be used safely in combination with other treatments you may want for better results including microdermabrasion, RF, or IPL
- You eliminate the need for daily messy creams
- It has long term results
- It’s FDA approved (and therefore safe)
How is the Spectra Laser Peel Performed
The procedure may slightly vary depending on what issue you want to address.
For Enlarged Pores, Acne Scars, Acne, and Fine Wrinkles
The process starts with a thorough cleansing of the face. If you are particularly sensitive, your specialist may apply a topical anesthetic cream to keep you comfortable throughout the treatment. This takes 20 minutes to take effect. Typically, however, a Spectra Laser Peel is painless so any anesthetic or topical is not required.
A lotion (SpectraLotion™) specifically formulated for this treatment is applied evenly and thinly to the face. Your skin may look like it has a mud mask applied to it. This lotion contains fine carbon particles which can penetrate into the pores or acne scars.
Laser energy is applied to the skin. Two things will happen during the treatment to give you clearer, younger-looking skin.
- Laser energy penetrates into the dermis and stimulates cell regeneration as well as exfoliates the outermost layer of the skin.
- As treatment progresses, laser energy also causes the explosion of the fine carbon particles. This causes the pores to shrink, reduces the production of sebum which prevents the acne from developing, and stimulates collagen production.
At the same, time laser energy also penetrates into the dermis and breaks up the melanin which can cause uneven pigmentation.
For Pigmentation or Tattoo Removal
For pigmentation or tattoo removal, the process starts the same as the procedure above. After the anesthetic has taken effect, the laser energy is focused directly onto the pigmented area or the site where the tattoo is.
The laser energy breaks down the pigment into tiny particles while keeping the surrounding skin undamaged. This allows the cells in your body to naturally synthesize and dispose of the particles of pigment or ink.
When the laser is passed over the skin, it gives off quick pulses. It’s normal to hear snapping sounds. You may feel a slight tingling on your skin, and it may feel warm during the treatment session.
Multiple passes may be needed until the desired results are achieved. Your specialist will typically spray your skin with a saline solution between passes to keep it cool.
A Spectra Laser Peel usually takes less than an hour.
For maximum results, we recommend one to three treatments spaced out two weeks between treatments, repeated two to three times a year.
Are There Side Effects to the Treatment?
A slight reddening of the skin after the treatment is an expected side effect. This usually subsides within a few hours.
Although rare, some patients may experience some itching or swelling in the treatment area for a few days. Other rare side effects include some bruising, scabbing, or temporary hypo or hyper-pigmentation.
Because there is a risk of infection, it’s important to choose a provider who is trained and licensed in Spectra Laser Peel treatments to avoid unwanted side effects.
Is There Downtime after a Spectra Laser Peel Treatment?
The effects of treatment are very minimal and there is no downtime involved. You can immediately return to your daily activities after your appointment.
However, your specialist may give some simple post-treatment advice which may include:
- Keeping out of direct sunlight for 12 to 24 hours after the treatment (of course, using sunscreen is a must)
- Washing the face 2-3 times a day using a gentle oil-free cleanser
- Keeping your beddings and face clean
- Avoiding the use of facial scrubs, oral acne medications, heat, Retin-A, hydroquinone, corticosteroids, glycolic acid, or azelaic acid
Call Us for a Spectra Laser Peel Appointment
If your skin is not in the best condition with acne scars, pigmentation, or fine lines, a Spectra Laser Peel may be the answer to your woes.
Or if you’d just like to look glowing and fresh for a special occasion whether it’s a wedding, a class reunion, or a big event, this can give you that great confidence boost.
Look and feel Hollywood fabulous by getting your treatment today. Talk to our specialists at Skin Theory Aesthetics to find out if a Spectra Laser Peel is right for you.
Call to book an appointment at (951) 735-5570.